A home inspection is a thorough visual inspection of your home. ALWAYS do one when purchasing a home and make sure it’s by a neutral, third-party, professional company. The American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI) publishes a Residential Standards of Practice that the company should follow.
Most home inspections cover heating and cooling system, plumbing and electrical systems, the roof, foundation, windows and structural components.
If the home has pest infestation, a cracked foundation, or a problem with the electrical system, a home inspection will reveal it, potentially saving you thousands. On the other hand, if the home is in sound condition, you can rest easy, knowing its been thoroughly inspected by professional.
Helpful Home Inspection Tips:
- ALWAYS get a Home Inspection
- Use a Neutral, 3rd Party, Professional Company
- Get a separate Wood Destroying Pest Inspection (termites) – the standard inspection will not include pests
- Do online research before hiring an inspector. Read customer reviews.
- Get referrals – Ask friends and family. Ask your real estate broker.
Powered by Facebook Comments